Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Hernia from vagina ?

After I gave birth to my daughter I noticed this lump of tissue that just protudes from my vagina. Since then (7 years September) I have 2 more children. I was told by my doctors that pelvic floor exercises will help but found no difference and it seems as time goes on to be getting a tiny bit bigger and on occasion quite dry and a little sore. I wanted to know if it sounded like it could be a hernia because I think after all this time my doctors might be wrong.
Natalie
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile MandMs
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
It sounds like you are experiencing a case of vaginal prolapse.
It is a condition that can develop after giving a childbirth, as a result of weakened muscles, ligaments, and skin in and around a vagina.
These structures keep the womb, rectum, bladder, urethra, small bowel, or the vagina itself at the right place, and when they are weakened or broken some of these organs can begin to prolapse, or fall, out of their normal position.
Without medical treatment or surgery, these structures may eventually prolapse farther and farther into the vagina or even through the vaginal opening.
Long, difficult labors and large babies are especially stressful to these structures. Childbirth is the risk factor most commonly associated with rectocele (prolapse of the rectum through the vaginal wall).

Visit your gynecologist!
|

replied May 21st, 2009
Thanks
Thanks for your reply! I will be getting it checked out and will insist its not normal! I was pushing for quite some time with my first and second both weighing 7lb7 and 7lb 14 and then my third was 9lb 3 just popped out. Thanks for your info
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
You are welcome!
Keep me updated!
|

replied October 25th, 2009
Have 2 hernias on top of vagina. Request info.
|

replied July 28th, 2010
Me too!
I have the same thing I noticed a few days ago. It's up pretty high inside. If there is no pain can you just live with it? I can't go to the doc until I go back up to Canada. Sad
|

replied August 12th, 2011
Vaginal Prolapse if asymptomatic-no pain, no pain during sex, and no urge and frequency in urination-is not usually treated.
|

replied October 27th, 2010
hi i am sarah i have a personal concerning the vigal area and it has sort of pushed out of place as i feel pain and discomfort, i cant exercise for long periods of time as i get pressure at both sides of the body i,e rectrum and the vigina. there are also shooting pains, throbbing, and burning sensations in the groin
|

replied November 21st, 2010
I have a lump in my vaginal area. It is near the rectum. I am hoping that it is a hernia and nothing else. I think it's a hernia as it is only there when I sit down. When I stand it can't be felt. It gets larger as I sit down then disappears when I stand up. I have to make an appointment I guess but I am a little reticent as its in such a personal area and as I said before you cant feel the lump when I lie down or stand. Just by sitting and squatting. What a nightmare!
|
Quick Reply