Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Herbalife and Hypothyroidism

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
What are the sideeffects of Herbalife on Hypothyroidism
hormonal imbalance
no side effect
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0
My wife has Hypothyroidism, She takes 75 mg/day of thyroxin. Although her thyroid is in control her weight is above the scale. She is 5'5 and 85 kilos after the baby. During the pregnancy she has increased 10 kilos and the weight is not decreased after her delivery. In recent times we are hearing about the product called Herbalife for weight management. Can she take Herbalife products?

With my regular internet research, i find Herbalife product has ISOLATED SOY PROTEIN which increases ISOFLAVONES in the body which means ESTROGEN DOMINANCE which affects the BALANCE in the harmones.

As a Lehman i found this. I need some professional guidance. As an Endocrinologist please give your thoughts on this. Thanks....
Cheers,
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 11th, 2012
thyroid
tsh 6.8 i am gaining wait
|
Did you find this post helpful?