Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Forum

Hepatitis b virus can resist VIREAD 100% sure

Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....
I need some help.. I used VIREAD for almost 3 years now. For two and half years , my hepatitis b DNA test remains negative...Surprisingly i did another DNA test on 31 january 2012, the viral load returns to 1.99log meaning the virus is resisting the VIREAD treatment. Though my doctor says i should remain in the treatment for next one month so he can see another DNA test . Am confuse and deeply depress....... Can someone help me out?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2017
I understand your frustration about the situation.

But treatment of chronic infections like Hepatitis is still difficult with possibility of relapses in some cases, just like as in your case.

In such cases, there is no option, but to be pragmatic and use a wait and watch policy, and decision to treat or change the therapy or stop treatment entirely would be decided on case to case basis.

Hence you need to be strong and continue to work with your doctors.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.