Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Forum

hep c + body swelling

Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
A friend of mine has hep c, in the last few weeks she has swollen up in her stomach/abd area. She was loosing weight (not trying too) but her stomach continues to get larger. Her stomach in now about 26 inches larger than it was and she has gain a pound for each inch. She is going to the doctors but they don't seem to be in a hurry to do anything. They said she may have cirrious of the liver. Any ideas on what is going on and what could happen to her?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 23rd, 2008
Experienced User
I have hep c but don't know what it means interested in subscribing in your thread to see if someone answers your question. Thanks
|

replied September 27th, 2008
swollen stomach
I have hep c also and I have a fairly bloated gut all the time. As the disease progresses the liver gets larger which could be one reason, the other is that you may have cirhossis as I have and as that gets to the end stage your stomach may become filled with fluid. This is called ascetis and they can take the fluid out when needed. Go and see a doctor at the liver clinic in a public hospital, you will need a referral

4cats
|

replied March 10th, 2013
i have hep c my stomach is swollen and im gaining alot of weight and i am only eating yogart and cercealhould i go to hospital and what are the pros and cons
|