Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Hemorrhoids Question

User Profile
I'm a 48 year old male and about 3 years ago, I had a successful anal hemorrhoid surgery, using the PPH method (with staples).
Since about a year I took up the sport of racing bicycling. I recently became worried that I might damage this ring of staples by sitting on a hard and narrow race bicycling saddle for 2 hours in a row, once to twice per week.
Should I be worried and stop my weekly race bicycling tours or can I continue with VERY LOW risk to damage the staples from my hemorrhoid surgery ? I'm really worried - I don't want to relapse into a new Hemorrhoid situation due to my race bicycling.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 23rd, 2010
Hemorrhoids Answer A13494
Hi, Welcome to eHealth forum!

Actually swimming, cycling etc help prevent hemorrhoids. Normally it should not hamper. However since staples were put, consult the surgeon once. Normal cycling should not cause any harm. However racing may cause problems. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hemorrhoids , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.