Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

hemorrhoids blocking bowel movement

I've have very severe hemorrhoids blocking my bowel movements for 4 days. The pain is so intense when I try to go I end up on the floor out of energy and in serious pain for hours and nothing will come out. I've been drinking lots of water, using prep-H cream and suppositories for a few days and nothing seems to do any good. The last time I was able to have a bowel movement there was allot of blood.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 30th, 2008
Supporter
Hi
Welcome to eHealth and I wish it could have been under a lot better circumstances. My heart goes out to you, as I do understand............its called not enough fiber in the diet. I too suffered as you are doing until I added benefiber to my coffee every morning. I do this as a ritual now. You may need to take a couple of Colace stool softener with laxative in orderto make this come out, once you get it out, you can take one colace everyday. The main thing is to shrink the hemorrhoids. My gastro doctor told me if I felt the urge to go I and sit no more than 5 minutes....if I can not do anything ......GET UP....don't just sit there.Do not strain yourself. The water you are drinking is a good thing. Cotinue this and also start eating more fruits and vegetables. The colace stool softener is @ Walmart and I use the Walmart brand.As for Benefiber, I also use the Walmart brand....works just as well and saves $. So far so good! Hope this works for you. As for now, also get you some "puffs" with aloe to use instead of the toliet paper. IF you are not better in a couple weeks, I'd say go to a good gastro Dr. and get this taken care of. Good luck!@ Hope I've helped some!
|
Did you find this post helpful?