Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Hemorrhoids - bleeding/thrombosed/extreme pain.

G'day.

I have a short history with hemorrhoids. I've had two this year - as far as I know, they're hemorrhoids (I didn't get them seen to by a doctor) - and both were slightly discomforting when sitting/standing, but they generally cleared up after a few days. This time, I'm not so sure. A week ago, I went out and did, admittedly, binge drink. The next morning, I woke up to what I believe to be an external hemorrhoid - only this time, the pain was almost unbearable with anything I did except sit or lie down - both gave me relief. I immediately applied some Prep H and took some ibuprofen but neither helped subside the pain.

On the outside of my anus, just to the right of the opening, there's quite a large lump - possibly three quarters of an inch long and a quarter of an inch wide - with, what started off as a white tinge to now being a dark blue-ish colour. It's very tender and causes excruciating pain when touched. Just recently, as of today (five days after it started), I've seen traces of light red blood on the toilet paper after soft stool. It's happened twice today and, unfortunately, seems to be getting worse. Also, my anal canal feels, well, weird. I have a sensation before the opening of the anus, and I'm thinking it might be blood accumulating on the inside of my bowels because honestly, that's what it feels like. Up until today, all the sensations I've been having is pain.

I have the thought that perhaps the blood I'm experiencing is due to the pressure that a lot of movement (I work in pallet/shelve stacking) has against the external hemorrhoid itself - but this definitely doesn't feel like blood FROM the hemorrhoid.

I want to go and see a medical professional, but I don't have insurance and can't really afford it. So, here I am, can someone help me? Does it sound like thrombosed external hemorrhoids? What could the blood be caused by? Internal hemorrhoids as well or something to do with the thrombosed external one?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 30th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi composure and welcome to ehealth: My best suggestion would be to sit in a warm to hot tub...Do this a few times a day....See if it gets better...Don't put any ointment on it during that time...Just keep it clean...If this does not clear up you may want to see a doctor....Take care...

Caroline
|

replied February 23rd, 2011
hemroid breaking on its own
ive just had what i think is a hemroid ... but mine burst, at first there was a good bit of blood ..but now 2 days later although not as much blood as when it first burst ...there is still bleeding ..should i be concerned?
|

User Profile
replied March 5th, 2011
Bleeding cuased by Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoid is sometimes accompanied by bleeding during bowel movements, this is normal for hemorrhoids but it is not normal if it happens constantly. Better consult your doctor to have a check.
|
Quick Reply