Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Hemorrhoids and Bowel Movements

Hello,

Before I always like to go to the toilet and have my BM. But now, going to the toilet seems to be a nightmare to me everytime because I knew that I have hemorrhoids. I've asked my mom to send me to a doctor which we did. The doctor checked my hemorrhoids and told me to take medicines and apply an ointment cream to my anus and we should go back to his clinic 5 days after. But we did not go back because my mom doesn't have money anymore and told me to just wait for the external hemorrhoids to shrink. But that time I was also having difficulties in BM because everytime I try to let off my stool, my anus hurts and bleeds [many blood comes out actually]. So I asked my older cousin to send me to the doctor and this time to a hospital. The doctor there checked my anus and told us that the condition of the hemorrhoids are not that bad but my question is why is it painful whenever I BM? And she told me that's because of hard stools. But even if it's soft, it's also painful. So she told me to drink laxatives and add fiber to my diet. She also said that my hemorrhoids won't be gone that I should just maintain it so it won't get worse. If I really want it to be removed then I should go and check a surgeon.

We did not went to a surgeon as we don't have money anymore so all I can do now is to add fiber to my diet though it helps me to increase my BM whenever I BM it just hurts that it makes me cry. After having BM's I have this weird feeling that I have to have my BM again. I also experience having goose bumps which is don't really like. I told my mom to send me to a surgeon but she told me that, just wait and it won't hurt anymore. I feel that she doesn't care for me. She just ignores me whenever I ask for it. Right now, I'm crying. sad2 I don't want to call my cousin for help since I'm shy to ask for her help again since she has more problems right now. And for my question, is there any treatment/natural treatment/home remedies that will make my hemorrhoids shrink and for the pain to be gone? Please help me! sad2
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 25th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Sit in a hot tub full of water a couple of times daily to soak your anus...This should eventually shrink it...Good luck...

Caroline
|

replied July 31st, 2009
I've been through the same experience and came across the solution
that helped me to get rid of pain.
Good luck!
|

replied July 31st, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
Obviously there is something you are eating that is causing you to have problems. Do you eat alot of cheeses, or popcorn? Certain things will give you hemorroids, and if you stop eating them, they should go away. For now soak your bottom, and USE THE CREAM (prep H is great) RELIGIOUSLY. You may also have a few inside your anus which is why you have pain when having a BM.

The surgery to remove hemorroids is not pleasant. It is worse than what you are doing now. Very painful, so listen to what your mother is telling you, watch what you eat, drink plenty of water, soak and use the creams. They will go away faster than you can recover from the surgery. If they hang around (excuse the pun!) longer, it's because of something you are eating which is causing you to move your bowels more often, and making the consistency harder to pass. Try and keep it soft, and you'll see a difference soon.
|

replied September 15th, 2009
i've suffered the same, but after taking "Fargelin" it started getting better almost right away, you can buy these on line very inexpensive and very effective for hemorhoid and piles, good luck.
|

replied January 16th, 2010
Hi mate i know what you are going though. read my post put on today. no more pain. will not cost any thing hope it helps. securitysam
|

replied January 31st, 2010
Re: Hemorrhoids and Bowel Movements
PTBAF wrote:
Hello,

Before I always like to go to the toilet and have my BM. But now, going to the toilet seems to be a nightmare to me everytime because I knew that I have hemorrhoids. I've asked my mom to send me to a doctor which we did. The doctor checked my hemorrhoids and told me to take medicines and apply an ointment cream to my anus and we should go back to his clinic 5 days after. But we did not go back because my mom doesn't have money anymore and told me to just wait for the external hemorrhoids to shrink. But that time I was also having difficulties in BM because everytime I try to let off my stool, my anus hurts and bleeds [many blood comes out actually]. So I asked my older cousin to send me to the doctor and this time to a hospital. The doctor there checked my anus and told us that the condition of the hemorrhoids are not that bad but my question is why is it painful whenever I BM? And she told me that's because of hard stools. But even if it's soft, it's also painful. So she told me to drink laxatives and add fiber to my diet. She also said that my hemorrhoids won't be gone that I should just maintain it so it won't get worse. If I really want it to be removed then I should go and check a surgeon.

We did not went to a surgeon as we don't have money anymore so all I can do now is to add fiber to my diet though it helps me to increase my BM whenever I BM it just hurts that it makes me cry. After having BM's I have this weird feeling that I have to have my BM again. I also experience having goose bumps which is don't really like. I told my mom to send me to a surgeon but she told me that, just wait and it won't hurt anymore. I feel that she doesn't care for me. She just ignores me whenever I ask for it. Right now, I'm crying. sad2 I don't want to call my cousin for help since I'm shy to ask for her help again since she has more problems right now. And for my question, is there any treatment/natural treatment/home remedies that will make my hemorrhoids shrink and for the pain to be gone? Please help me! sad2

[UPDATE]
Hello everyone, it's me again.

After 5-6 months of suffering from Hemorrhoids, my Hemorrhoids are gone now thru Hemorrhoidectomy. December 26, 2009 was the day when I visited the hospital as my Hemorrhoids are getting worse and at the same time, I can't defecate for 1 week as I believe that time, I'm having a large and hard stool. So back to the hospital I met a General Surgeon and checked my anus. He told me that it is really Hemorrhoids and it's not only an External Hemorrhoid but I do also have an Internal Hemorrhoid which contributes to the pain that I'm experiencing whenever I;'m having my Bowel Movements. He also told me that I need to be confined for the removal of my stool [because I can't defecate and it's dangerous for me as it is already 1 week] and for the operation. The same day, night time, I was sent to the operating room for my stools to be removed. The Anesthesiologist gave me an Anesthesia that would make me sleep so I won't experience pain.

December 28, 2009 is the operation day. 7:30 AM I was transferred to the Operating Room. This time the Anesthesiologist gave me a an Anesthesia that would make the half of my body numb. [from the hips down to the feet] My Surgeon told me after operation that I can't be sent home yet as the need to watch me if I can have my Bowel Movements back into normal.

December 30, 2009 I was discharged but I can't have my Bowel Movements yet.

January 09, 2010 I was sent back to the hospital as I can't still have my 1st Post-Operation Bowel Movement. My Surgeon told me that he would sent me back again to the Operating Room and remove my stool and check what's wrong. He also gave me a Laxative that would make my stool soft and after an hour I tried going to the CR and BOOM! It was a mess but I felt an ease after days of suffering. Yes, I had my Bowel Movement but I was still sent to the Operating Room for the removal of the remaining stool and for the enlarging of the passageway of the stool.

January 11, 2010 I was discharged. That day, I started changing my food habits. From meat to meat and vegetables. I started to eat prunes and prune juice. And of course the continuous intake of fiber, medicine and laxative.

Day or Days after I had my 1st Post-Operation Bowel Movement and it was successful though it was painful, it was tolerable and it is also understandable that the operation was new and my wounds are still healing.

It was a huge relief. Hemorrhoids changed my life though I'm still young, growing and learning. I'm happy that it's all gone and done. I thank God, my Family, the hospital staff and my Friends for being there with me when I was depressed. Our journey in life always includes happiness and pain is always there. I would like to share the sayings of my Mom and my Surgeon.

"The only one that could help yourself is you, not the doctors nor me. We're only here to guide you. You should cooperate with us son and you will be okay." - "You know what, the final doctor that you can seek is you, we doctors are here but you should also help yourself too."

Sorry for the long post. Thank you for reading!
|