Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Hemorrhoid surgery and healing

User Profile
I recently had the PPH surgery for my 3 internal hemrroids which the doctor said was at level 3. It has been a little over 2 months now since the procedure and I still see a little blood after a BM. It mostly occurs when the stool is very soft, which I think happens when I consume more than enough of fiber. My surgeon before told me that some bleeding is normal for at least 6 months. I would like to know why does the bleeding occur when my stool is soft and shoud I be concerned at this point with the bleeding (happened about 6 times now in 2 months)? Thank you.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2009
Hemorrhoids Answer A5642

According to the major symptom you describe (slight bleeding after a bowel movement, 2 months post-op, occurring periodically), the rectal canal might still be regenerating its own surrounding tissue and inner lining. The speed of regeneration is not connected to the softness of the stool. If your stools are not so soft, the hemorrhoids can return even after complete regeneration of the rectal canal mucosa. You might want to visit your surgeon for a check up on the regenerating wound, to see if the wound is healing adequately or complications have occurred.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hemorrhoids , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.