Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Hemorrhoid - Hydrogen Peroxide

In the past I've had several problems with hemorrhoids. They have always been very tiny external hemorrhoid's, until recently when a huge one appeared. When I got the very small ones and they bled, I always assumed they were anal fissures due to constipation. I cleaned them with hydrogen peroxide as much as I could throughout the day and especially after I used the bathroom. After cleaning them with the hydrogen peroxide I always patted them dry so as to not leave any moisture in the perineal area for bacteria to grow. When I got this last hemorrhoid is when I really figured out that I've been getting them all along. This one however, is huge. It took me completely by surprise. Even though the smaller ones had a bled a lot this one did not. It was moderately painful and I was okay sitting/walking/doing whatever. I decided that I was not going to put hydrogen peroxide on it because It doesn't seem to be an open wound. After about 24 hours I noticed that the hemorrhoid had a black spot on it, and figured out that it had become thrombotic. This really freaked me out and I started to worry about it becoming an emboli. I looked it up and a few web sites said that can't happen and a few said it could. I decided to keep contact with it to a minimal and to start washing it down with the hydrogen peroxide as I had done in the past. To my surprise after about 6 hours, and 4 intervals of hydrogen peroxide wipe downs the size of the hemorrhoid has decreased to half its original size and the black spot is gone. I'm hoping that this is a good sign. I am obviously going to keep an eye on it and continue the wash downs, but the hydrogen peroxide really seems to work. I'm not sure how medically sound this is but if you give it a try maybe it can help you too. It used to get a rid of the smaller hemorrhoids completely in about 3 days. I'm hoping for the same result with this hemorrhoid. Hopefully if you're in the position I was in seeing that thrombus, than you can try this and maybe have some luck too.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 4th, 2012
Community Volunteer
Hi Hperoxide and welcome to ehealth: I certainly would not use this strong medication without talking with the physician...Did your pharmacist tell you to do this?...Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?