Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Hemorrhoid banding

Hi Doctor, It has been about 36 hours since I had a hemorrhoid banding done. Before that, I was diagnosed with anemia and given blood. They also performed a colonoscopy just before they did the hemorrhoid banding treatment. This was to make sure that the bleeding did not come from anything other than the bleeding hemorrhoid. Now I'm home following up on the care treatment and meds. It's been about 36 hours and it is a challenge to urinate. I have swelling in the legs from iv fluids I was given during my hospital stay. I am told to keep my fluid intake down until the fluids are gone but at the same time I need to make sure I have enough fluids for softer bowel movements. I dont want to drink too much since I am not urinating as often as I normally do. Do you have any suggestions on helping me urinate easier? Also, my banded hemorrhoid is in constant discomfort and I want to know if that is normal. And last, how long should does it normally take to fall off? What should I look for as indications of progress during this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 31st, 2012
Experienced User
Do enema for easy bowel movement. I don't know how to fix urination problem. Read more about enema in the below link.

Read more: Hemorrhoids Forum - Suffering with Hemorrhoids since 2 weeks http://ehealthforum.com/health/suffering-w ith-hemorrhoids-since-weeks-t337641.html#i xzz1qj98fwhm
|
Did you find this post helpful?