Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

hemherroid help

So, I'm a 26-year-old male. I've had a hemorrhoid, or what I THINK is a hemorrhoid, for about three years now. It became severely thrombosed originally, then shrank in size, but never completely went away. My hemorrhoid never bleeds, which leads be to believe it isn't an internal hemorrhoid, and it is NOT painful...and never is...which leads me to believe that it isn't serious. But it IS uncomfortable, almost daily discomfort, and usually after a bowel movement. Some days it merely itches; other days it is uncomfortable; other days a little more than just uncomfortable. But I'm always, always consciously aware of it - and it's obviously super annoying day after day to have to think about it.

Anyway, here are my questions:

1) do you think there's any chance of me getting rid of this thing naturally? i've tried high-fiber diets, I've tried sitz baths, I've tried icing, I've tried just about everything. These things help manage it - until it inevitably relapses and flares up again.

2) are there any realistic non-surgical options that a doctor could use to cure this problem? i've heard of rubber band litigation, but again, if it hasn't disappeared in the last three years...it's hard to imagine it will work.

everything i've read about post-surgery recovery sounds like the worst thing in the world, which is why i basically haven't considered it as a viable option. i've held out hope that it will heal on its own, but perhaps i'm just fooling myself.

thanks for any thoughts.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 8th, 2014
Hi there! That sounds like my story all over again. I had hemorrhoids for years. Problem: Sometimes it was just awfull and I seriously considered surgery, then a couple of weeks later they had almost disappeared... I changed my diet, lifestyle, tried sitzbaths, creams...You name I tried it, some with more other things with less success. In the end I decided in a period when it was really bad to have them ligated with thd. The doctor told me that there was a chance that they'd come back but I really wanted to avoid a hemorrhoidectomoy. I don't regret it at all! The procedure was done ambulant, it only hurt for about 3 days (more like pressure) and until today I'm hemorrhoid free... Just talk to your doctor and see what he/ she suggests. Good luck!
|

replied October 8th, 2014
Hi there! That sounds like my story all over again. I had hemorrhoids for years. Problem: Sometimes it was just awfull and I seriously considered surgery, then a couple of weeks later they had almost disappeared... I changed my diet, lifestyle, tried sitzbaths, creams...You name I tried it, some with more other things with less success. In the end I decided in a period when it was really bad to have them ligated with thd. The doctor told me that there was a chance that they'd come back but I really wanted to avoid a hemorrhoidectomoy. I don't regret it at all! The procedure was done ambulant, it only hurt for about 3 days (more like pressure) and until today I'm hemorrhoid free... Just talk to your doctor and see what he/ she suggests. Good luck!
|

replied November 26th, 2014
From my experience with hemorrhoids i can definitely give you an idea of how hemorrhoids feel and look like. Obviously they feel swollen, itchy and at times bleed. Be careful to distinguish between fissures and hemorrhoids. Fissures are basically tear, crack or ulcer around the anus area. Best option at this point is to see a doctor and see what they diagnose. If you do believe in taking a more hollistic approach and look for a remedy that heals hemorrhoids check out this information at the web on bleedinghemroid.org wish you the best
|

replied November 26th, 2014
From my experience with hemorrhoids i can definitely give you an idea of how hemorrhoids feel and look like. Obviously they feel swollen, itchy and at times bleed. Be careful to distinguish between fissures and hemorrhoids. Fissures are basically tear, crack or ulcer around the anus area. Best option at this point is to see a doctor and see what they diagnose. If you do believe in taking a more hollistic approach and look for a remedy that heals hemorrhoids check out this information at the web on bleedinghemroid.org wish you the best
|