Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Hemangiomata

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I recently have experienced numbness in both my feet and hands. It seems to be worse in the morning time when I wake up. I went and had an MRI done and the results of the MRI are as follows: Finding 1. Left posterolateral endplate spurring at L1-L2 sith mild impression upon the left side of the ventral thecal sac. This abuts the descending left L2 nerve root. gn Finding 2. Congenital canal narrowing of the lumbar sine. Finding 3. Focal fat deposition or benign hemangiomata in the 1st and 3rd lumbar vertbrae. One in the posterior aspect and the second in the anterior aspect.

Can fat deposition cause my symptoms or is it more likely to be the tumors. How do they know that it is benign with out surgery? My concern is that my father past away from bone cancer and schwannoma? cell carcinoma.

Thanks for the help.

Chris
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 23rd, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
hi chris...
i understand your concern. im not a dr and only know a little about fatty tumors and hemangiomas. in most cases they are not cancerous. you really need to talk with a spine surgeon to see if they can get in there to take biopsy. i know they dont like to touch hemangiomas because they can cause bleeding in the spine. so check with a neuro or ortho surgeon who specializes on spine.....pete
|

Pete thank you for the info.

Chris
|

please help
|