Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Helping mother with depression

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
User Profile
Hello everyone. I'm 27 years old, mother of a wonderful 2 year-old boy, and with another boy on the way. My entire life I saw my mother cry, day after day. I recall how she would just lock herself in the bedroom and cry for hours. It all started as post-partum depression, after having my brother who is now 34. She has been to soooo many doctors, has taken all different kinds of medications and dosages, and even sedatives along with the anti-depressives to try to feel better. Just recently she has gotten the be the worst I've ever seen. I can only recall 1 time in my life time when she had lost the will to live. I was about 5 years old. Now, being older, I am sooo scared of what might happen. She said she is tired to feel this way, she doesn't want to live unhappy like this anymore. And I do know she is at her limit. She doesn't live close to me, but we are very close. I just bought her a plane ticket and got her here with me, just to try anything I can possibly do...but even my son's beautiful smile, happiness, life full of joy has been helping her. I do feel that if I don't do something, I might "lose her" (into very deep depression, if it possible to be deeper than it is now), I might lose this battle against depression, the one she's been fighting for a very long time. PLEASE, if anyone out there has any suggestion, let me know, help me, PLEASE. I want to help her however I can. PLEASE, help me help her. She is the most amazing, giving, loving person I know, and I don't want to lose her. She is my inspiration, and I would like for her to see her grandkids grow and become their inspiration too.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 24th, 2009
Supporter
find out the cause of depression if it was chemically or because of some problems and stress.
do a full blood test , hormonal.....
change her whole life routien
she needs to go out
she needs to be exposed to the sun
she needs to be closs to god with faith peace and joy comes
force her to go out walk do some activities
it is time to open a new page
a new life it is never late
she needs to fprget the past the bad thoughts sad memories. with forgetting healing starts. forgetting is a blessing.
Don't Sweat the Small Stuff, and It's All Small Stuff
when depression nockes her door she needs to go out fight it get rid of it before it get rid of you. it is a negative energy. by activities you can get rid of it like walking running dancing physical activities release stress and get rid of negative energy that transform to sadness and illness
best wishes
|
Did you find this post helpful?