Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

help with my HIV dilemma

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
Hi,
Approximately 20 hours ago I had unprotected oral sex & unprotected sexual intercourse with a brothel worker for half an hour. I would speculate and say she is in her late 30s. I asked her how long she was doing this job for and she said for the past 2 months. She told me that she gets tested once a week but HIV doesn't show up until at least 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months etc.

Now I know it was a stupid decision but how likely do you think it would be that I have contracted HIV from this single encounter with her? I'm not too sure if she has HIV or not, especially considering she is a brothel worker (brothel workers have low levels of STIs in spam unapproved, and also by law, she should have informed me that she had some sort of STI if she had one but she didn't so im assuming she didnt?) but her willingness to have unprotected sex makes me wonder how many other guys she has had unprotected sex with too.

How effective are those PEP tablets? Would it be necessary to use them, or do you think I am worrying for no reason?

Thank you very much.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 24th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
Do the HIV antibody test at three months post exposure
J,

Do the HIV antibody test at three months post exposure, if that is negative, then you are conclusively HIV negative. If you continue to experience symptoms, test for HTLV and other infections.

Best wishes.

HTLVhelp / Facebook
HTLVhelp / Twitter
HTLVhelp / Google+
HTLVhelp / YouTube
HTLVhelp / www
|

replied May 25th, 2012
Experienced User
hi man

you put yourself at risk by doing unprotected sex,if she was positive you have a chance of 1 in 2000 to get HIV.NEVER DO SEX without condom again.
|