Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Help with anorexia

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
Hi my name is Sophie and i am 38yrs old. I have suffered with anorexia since i was around 14yrs old. I dont really know where to start to explain why i punish myself the way i do as there are many different factors. I thought i had my anorexia under some sort of control and i slowly was starting to recover around 2 yrs ago. It has beeen a slow process and i have my good days and bad days(i also suffer from depression, low self esteem and self harm) Recently i have tumbled into the downward spiral yet again. Just when everything finally in my life has started to go great, everything comes crashing down. My partner who is my strength and has helped to build me up became very ill and ended up on life support in intensive care since then anorexia has taken its grip yet again. I just am unable to eat , the thought of food makes me feel sick. I suppose it is my way of coping and having some control by punishing myself yet again for events out of my control. I am five foot tall and my weight is 5 st 10lbs. I also recently gave up smoking which my weight piled on i became 7st this was unbearable to me, and i hated my body becoming fat. i started smoking again to help lose the weight. I am unable to talk to anyone about how i feel as no-one understands. I just need some one to tallk to who understands. x
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 20th, 2009
Experienced User
Anorexia is not fun. I'm sorry that you have it.
|

User Profile
replied December 20th, 2009
Experienced User
Anorexia is terrible I am a guy and I had it, when I was 13 to 14 I force myself to eat that was all
|