Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

Help! Something Bit Me :(

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
User Profile
I was bitten on my right hand while I was sleeping about a month ago. The only way I could see that something bit me was it turned red and swole up just a little. It started itching, then burning! When I bend my hand it shoots sharp pains from my index finger up to the middle of my arm and burns like crazy. You can press lightly on my wrist and it will shoot a horrific pain to the end of my finger! Today, it is still burning, itching a little and now starting some numbness. Does anyone have a clue what bit me and how to treat it. Thanks :O)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 2nd, 2011
I guess it might be a Bedbug bite as you are saying it happened while sleeping in the night. BB bite causes the same allergical reactions. Also you can Google to compare BB bite look like and symptoms. Check your mattress,pillow,bed,couch area ASAP. If you find something call PEST control dept. Concern doctor immediately for severe allergical reactions. I hope this might help you. Take care. Smile
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2011
Thank you for your help with my situation. I agree somewhat...but the severe burning and now numbness, from what I have researched, does not occur with bedbugs. I have sprayed under, on, above the bed. Washed all covering and sprayed the headboard as well. I am thinking maybe a spider bite and I am petrified of those critters! So, regardless of whatever bit me, I sprayed enough to kill anything that crawls, clings, hides or whatever Smile I need to know what to do about the severe burning and stop it soon. Thanks again!!!
|

replied June 5th, 2011
You did not say where you are from, but it sounds like it could be a spider bite. Were I you I would take some
Benadryl, and wrap the area with a baking soda slurry compress. The Baking soda will help ease the pain while the Benadryl works internally.
|