Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Help please... Weed withdrawls

Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
This is day 10 for me... Sober as can be..... My anxiety and insomnia is out of control.... I was a heavy use for about 8 years... I know this my body's detox and i am having trouble coping with it... Anxiety is really getting the best of me! I dont know what to do anymore... Someone please help?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 5th, 2011
I would reccomend that you see your doctor for a mild tranquiliser maybe to take for a maximum of a month until you can get a roiutine of eating and sleeping without feeling on edge all the time. Changing your daily routine from when you smoked weed to something different and then you wont miss it or think about it as much. I also find having a good drink helps but replacing a drug with alchol is not the answer. Also perhaps try soem detox remedy / patches to help flush the ganga out of your system a bit quicker as its in the bloodstream about 28days, cranberry juice is meant to be good for detoxing SmileI do wish you all the best with being weed free, ive been a smoker for over 10 years and have only ever managed to quit for no more than 3 months once, willpower is the main thing and im afraid i am a bit weak where that is concerned. be strong and hopefully you will be weed free in no time
|

replied May 6th, 2011
Thanks so much for your help! I am now on day 13... I purchased some B- complex and it is helping me with my anxiety. I know that much of it is mental so i am doing alot of exercise... The only downside is that any physical activity brings on more anxiety but i am determined to get over this.. Determination is with me!
|