Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Help.. constantly worrying

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Ever since I had my children I have worried about everything. I am constantly thinking about bad things that could happen to the point where I find it hard to sleep. I wake up throughout the night to check on both of them, we live in an apartment and I worry what if there is a fire how I would get them out. I worry about driving in a car that im going to get in an accident and I used to fly now I wont because i'm afraid it might crash. I constantly worry about family members if I can't contact them I think something bad has happened.. it just seems that all of the negativity and fear has taken over my life
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 2nd, 2010
Dear ashypoo,
If you don't stop worrying your setting yourself up for a lot of health problems...stress has
been know to cause 100's. ( Google it ) You will then pass this behaviour onto your children.
Try to find ways to de-stress, unwind....do things that
make you happy....find a hobby that you can do and involve the children too. Drink herbal tea during the
day. Try to take 15 mins a day in a warm sunny spot and just let the suns rays warm you......
It's like you need to learn all-over-again how to relax.
I too was a worrier.....guess what 80% of the things we worry about never actually happen!!!! so why spend 80%
of your energy and time thinking about them.
Be alert as all parents should...but not in constant
Alarm......
I figure you were raised by 'this' personality type
as I was.
All the best.
Oldrose
|
Did you find this post helpful?