Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Help! Chest and Back Pain After a Fall?

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I've had pain for a little over a week now in my back and chest, and I'm starting to get slightly worried.

About a week ago I came off my horse rather violently. I landed on my rear, rolled onto my back, and had the breath knocked out of me for a good minute plus. I felt a tad bit sore the rest of the day, but didn't worry about it.

The next couple days my lower left ribs started hurting. They ached when I laughed or twisted to my right, and if I flexed my spine a lot, I could feel a slight pop in them. All of this has since faded to a very dull pain at worst.

Now my big problem is my back. Only after my ribs started getting better did I realize that bouncing on my feet, running up/down stairs, sneezing, or basically doing anything that required me to roll my upper spine and/or push upward with my back hurt. At best it's a sharp pain between my shoulder blades. At worst it hurts between my shoulder blades, tightens my whole chest, and makes my sore rib ache.

*So my question is, what should I do? Or more importantly, should I be at all worried?*

I know doctors can't do much of anything for ribs, and quite frankly, I'm sick of doctors after an accident-prone year (two breaks and one dislocation x.x), but if this is something that's potentially dangerous or something that's going to haunt me if I don't get it looked into and it heals wrong... I want to get it straightened out.

Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|