Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

Hello again

Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....
User Profile
Hi everybody! Greetings from my crazy life. My DH shattered his heels back in July and was in a wheelchair for a while. He just graduated from crutches and is just walking with a cane now. Hannah had some awful diarrhea for a week and was finally admitted to the hospital. She had lost three pounds and needed fluids. Needless to say she was a most uncooperative patient. She even looked at the doctor and said "I don't like you." I was mortified! At least she speaks her mind! She got out of the hospital yesterday and is doing much better. Back to her usual antics. THey said it was probably Rotavirus that she had, although the cultures haven't come back yet. All I know is that the smell was paint-peeling! Geneva is in first grade already and is loving her new school. It is much more challenging for her and she gets homework every night. She has been on the gluten free diet for 8 months now and has grown two inches since June. I miss all of you, but I just don't have the time to visit like I used to.

How are all of you guys doing? I have been looking at all the photos you have posted and I am loving to see your babies grow up!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 14th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Wow. Sorry to hear of the events in your life lately. Glad everyone is doing better. Cheyenne is going through what your little Hannah went through. She has had very loose stools for almost a week now. We had her at the doctor on Saturday and they wanted some samples (collecting those was less than fun!) and we have a follow up appointment with her regular doctor tomorrow. I'm hoping it's nothing she has to be admitted to the hospital for!!! Guess we will find out tomorrow.
|

replied October 15th, 2008
Experienced User
hiya sorry to hear about your news. Glad that everybody is doin better now. Courtney is now 14 months and tryin to walk on her own, you have to be careful 'cause she just walks off on her own!! And shes not that steady yet! Bless. Updated pics would be great if you have the time.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Welcome back. I've had a sick baby too!! She had the worst stomach bug with diarreah and throwing up for almost 2 weeks. My poor little girl got so gaunt and pale. She was dehydrated too. But she is all better now, except I think she is getting a cold Sad. Glad you're all on the mend and let's hope you all stay healthy!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Well there seem to be a lot of sick babies. Hope you all didn't catch what Hannah had! hahaha. I'm getting ready to watch the debates tonight, but I don't know how much world stress I can handle!
|

User Profile
replied October 17th, 2008
Wow that's a lot going on! Glad everything is somewhat back to normal now. Not sure if you remember me..lol

Dante is now 10 months old & has been walking since 8 months. He's a little monster, because he's everywhere and anywhere. I can't get him to be still for the life of me! I'm now married to Thomas & we're TTC again.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
you sound so busy! Good luck TTC! Did you know you and I are only 45 min away from each other?
|

User Profile
Thanks! Oh really?? How cool is that?! I didn't think anyone lived out in Colorado.
|

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Fort Collins! This is where the cool people live!
|