Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

heightened senses

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
does anyone experience really heightened senses? my boyfriend is schizophrenic and bipolar, he has a side that can be quite obsessive, he is highly sexual, i havnt seen any withdrawing behaviour yet but we have only been togther 4 months, when he is on a high his sense of smell etc gets really intense and he can spend hours touching and smelling things, he is so into texture touch smells, his attention can be awful until he finds something to keep his attention

anyone else experience this?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper billlee2330
|

replied April 28th, 2011
Yes, I'm a schizophrenic and have OCD among other illnessess. And my hearing and sense of smell get very accute at times. I too am obsessed with textures. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one. Take care.
|
Users who thank billlee2330 for this post: jjj30 

replied April 29th, 2011
can i ask, are you taking any meds? my partner isnt and hasnt for 3 years, he has symptons of things all the time but can function really well, just woundered how your dealing with your symtons
|