Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Heavy periods, then no period

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I have a menstruation question. I have always had heavy periods, 2 years ago i had a period last 14 days and had to have a blood transfusion. I followed up with the doctor he did a biopsy and said all was fine, he did put me on prometrium which was a little expensive, i took it for 6 months and could no longer afford it because of no insurance. My periods had become regular by that time though, still heavy and lasted 6 to 7 days, but always every 28 days. Well in April i started my period about a week late and bled for 11 days, on day 9 I had returned to the dr, he put me on medroxyprogesterone. My period quit 2 days later. it started again 11 days after and i had a fairly light period for 22 days. These periods were accompanied with painful cramping and both were very red blood and big blood clots. Since it ended it's been 39 days and i haven't started another period. When i went to the dr i had another biopsy done which was normal, i also took an antibiotic for 10 days in case it was endometritis, which i know it was not and my dr said he didnt think it was either but just to be safe. Now my dr says he doesn't know why this is happening. I take the progesterone 2 pills a day for 14 days and then 14 days off. Could this be the beginning of menopause? If it helps to answer the question i am 34 years old, no children.
Did you find this post helpful?
|