Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

heavy periods and bad pains

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hello. im 14 and i have very heavy periods and the pains get worse every month why do you think that is?
and could i take any tablets that would help stop the pain and calm down the bleedin ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2009
Supporter
i was told that palmetto pills will help the pain. have you asked your mom can you get on birth control pills to regulate your period and stop you from having pains, it also prevents you from having cyst on your ovaries.

you may have hormonal imbalances and have to see a ob/gyn doctor. you have to find out you have amenia for loss of blood. usually iron pills will help you from becoming anemic.

you have something doctor's call menorrhagia. i m going to email you a few websites that tells you why your period is heavy and what you can do about it.
good luck
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2009
Experienced User
i have had 10 day periods from the time i started at age 9. i am 37 now and just last year i found out i am severly anemic. i take iron pills and believe me they help take one every day and you will see a difference. and i agree get on the pill make your mother understand that it is for this reason only and in the long run its not a bad idea anyway. i have a 17 year old and from early on i have been very open with him always stressing safe sex. hed be on the pill too if one existed. your mother should respect your maturness to make this decision. i hope this helps you. good luck sweetie
|

replied July 1st, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
Some girls get heavy periods and cramping pretty much through their menstruating years. The pain can be severe with clotting also. Some get headaches, stomachaches. lots of crazy symptoms. Any pain reliever should help, and heating pads when the cramps get too bad. Birth control is about the only thing that will get rid of those problems for you. You are young, and I don't think they should be an option at this point unless you are sexually active, which I HOPE is not the case. Ask the druggist for some Midol. That might help.
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2009
Supporter
when i was in high school i had a girlfriend who had bad cramps and heavy periods. she said she would take off of work and not go to school, and be in bed in a fetal position in pain.
she said aspirin doesnt help her. just like when i get migraines nothing helps me.
i just hope this young lady can find some relief, because i know how she feels.
|
Quick Reply