Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

Heat Sensitivity

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
User Profile
So, my question is how can I eliminate heat sensitivity? That is the only symptom that I have. Taking hot showers, sitting in the sun, holding a warm cup make my skin red and itch.

I do not take any medications. However, I take supplements. They include MSM, biotin, natural multi-vitamin, burdock root and grape seed. I eat well. I'm on the Blood type and high sulphur diet. I also weight train 3-4 times per week.

What else can I do to get rid of this symptom?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 28th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Could you supplements cause this sort of reaction?

If not, I'd suggest taking a warm shower, sit in the shade when outside or at least wear a cooling vest / scarf / hat. How about holding a warm cup while wearing gloves....see if any of these suggestions helps.

Best wishes,

Zig
|

User Profile
replied November 29th, 2010
Experienced User
Zig, thanks for the suggestions. I don't feel that the supplements are causing the problem. They make me feel great. I've been doing more research and I believe the answer is staring me in the face. I need to learn how to elimnate stress from my life.
|