Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

Heartburn and pain in upper back

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
I have heartburn several times a week, the pain starts in my chest then up through to my throat. I also have a pain in the middle of my upper back, it feels like I have been winded. It can be very painful indeed. I also berp all the time, I can relieve it sometimes by drinking fizzy pop then have a huge belch. I also take medication for the heartburn from my GP. Had a test for Hpliori that is negative. The pains can last for several hours, it is usually worse at night. My stomach makes very loud noises too. I do suffer from anxiety and understand all about it, which can make things worse, although I do understand that anxiety can produce these symptoms. Had anxiety for 7 years, but only these symptoms for three months. It is the pain in my back that back that I do not like. If it is this I didn't know acid & it's symptoms can be so severe. Could I have a Haitus hernia?

Did you find this post helpful?
|