Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Heart

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Hello all i am 16 years old, my hear often at night, stops for about 3 secands, then pounds back really hard, then everything goes back to normal. i suffer from mild anxioty, but whenthis happens and i am feeling my pulse my heart actually stops for a few secadnds before returning with a hard beat. then everything will be fine, am i ok?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 23rd, 2010
Re: Heart
DanielHaz wrote:
Hello all i am 16 years old, my hear often at night, stops for about 3 secands, then pounds back really hard, then everything goes back to normal. i suffer from mild anxioty, but whenthis happens and i am feeling my pulse my heart actually stops for a few secadnds before returning with a hard beat. then everything will be fine, am i ok?
|

replied July 26th, 2010
I'm 18 years old and have anxiety as well. I get the same symptoms and have been for well over a year now. I've been to several cardiologists and gone through multiple tests and from what I've been told I have a healthy heart and that everything fine. It is definitely not a good feeling when I notice it, just know your okay.
|

replied July 26th, 2010
If it is anxiety,cityoftrees is right. Just remind yourself it is anxiety and it will pass. Often anxiety/panic feeds off your fear, keep calm Smile
|

replied July 26th, 2010
When i feel my pulse it actually stops, do you get this aswell?
|

replied July 26th, 2010
I do not recall my pulse every stopping.. just a suggestion, and it usually happens when you are sleeping but h ave you been tested for sleep apnea? I mean are you awakened by this? You will feel much better once you talk to a physician. You always have these blogs too to talk to people that go through this. dailystrength is an awesome site too!
|

replied July 27th, 2010
I am not woken by this, it usually happens from 4pm onwards about 3 times a night.
|

replied July 27th, 2010
Have you spoken with your doctor? It could possibly be arrhythmia in which the heart either skips a beat or has an extra beat. I know a few people who have this condition
|