Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Heart racing and pumping

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
Hi, I’m 21 and thought I was in good health until a few months ago when my heart suddenly began to race and pump so hard that it felt it was going to break my ribs. I was hospitalized for a night then released with a high dose of beta-blockers, which placed me back in the hospital due to my blood pressure being extremely low. The doctors told me that the valve in my heart isn’t closing and that my blood isn’t as oxygenated as it should be. So now it’s happening all the time, I get a bad pressure in my head and it feels like someone has placed cotton in my ears and I can’t concentrate on anything, and my heart feels like it pauses then stumbles to catch up and I get a jolting feeling across my chest. When it passes I get a horrible trembling feeling throughout my entire body. The doctor hasn’t told me what is really wrong with me or how they can fix it after many visits to the ER. I don’t drink alcohol or do drugs; I've even limited my caffeine intake. I'm 21 and I’m really scared for my life, any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
|