Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Heart feeling jittery when falling asleep

When i try to fall asleep my heart feels shaky or jittery it doesn't quite feel likes its racing though and it makes my hands shake too. It doesn't really hurt but it's really not a pleasant feeling and leaves me kind of breathless. It only occurs when my mind is between being conscious and unconscious. I especially notice it when I'm almost asleep and something wakes me up suddenly. Does anybody else have this too or know what it could be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 13th, 2010
yes i m too feeling the same problem since past 4 days..before this i went through some stressfull situations which r now sorted out but the outcome of that is my sleeping disorder...if u have got an appropriate solution to your problem then plz lemme know
|

replied August 18th, 2011
I get the same exact thing! As a matter of fact I been looking on the net trying to find out what it is and if anyone else experiences this. I actually gave up looking online about it, cause I kept coming up empty. I got it again real bad last night so I grabbed the iPad and tried again and I found this... Sorry you guys are going threw this, but it's a little comforting knowing that I'm not crazy and I'm not the only one. Now if only a doctor or someone who might know about this can write us back!
|