Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Heart attacks , gastric reflux , and ulcer symptoms

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
please i suspect that i have gastric reflux or stomach ulcer,what happened is that when i had menstrual cycle this month on 3rd day end it stopped,i had tiring days(in university)next day i had stressfull tiring day ,i went home ,ate dal with roti,after 3 hours my full right side of body was in pain center from chest heart,i thought it was heart attack,i was dying,immediately ate garlic,felt very little better,went to bed (didnt knowing going to die or sleep)next thing was i woke up 11 in morning( slept 14)hours,but feeling strange,didnt remembribg what happened last night,
can you tell me what is this heart pain,with stomach,still having a little pain
what can i eat please.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2010
General Q and A Answer A9498
Hi an welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can help you.

You would like to know whether you might have experienced a heart attack, gastric reflux or an ulcer.

Pain due to heart attack is located in the left side of the chest or under the sternum. This kind of pain may radiate towards the left arm, neck and jaws. Pain caused by gastric reflux, gastritis and an ulcer is described as burning and may be located in the upper middle part of the abdomen or under the lowest part of the sternum. This kind of pain is related to diet and increases when acidic food is consumed and decreases if any food including milk is consumed. In young individuals that are under a lot of psychological stress, pain in the abdomen or chest, including tachycardia, nausea and palpitations may occur due to caffeine intake or lack of sleep.

Given the data that you described, you may or may not be experiencing gastric issues. Consider reducing the caffeine intake. You may want to start having a regular sleeping cycle, which means that you should be studying during the days and sleeping during the nights. Take Vitamin B6. See a gastroenterologist if you still experience pain after taking all the advice.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider such as a gastroenterologist for further advice and information about diagnosis and treatment options.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.