Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

hearing voices and seeing things (Page 1)

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
i touch on this a bit at http://ehealthforum.com/health/i-can-t-sto p-harming-myself-t169338.html
ok so i'm hearing voices and seeing, what can only be described as, shadow men. they stand in every corner of the room, staring at me, whispering to me, telling me all sorts of things. my partner knows i see and hear things but i haven't told him that they talk to me. i think he's caught me talking to them before but i'm not sure. i'll tell them to leave me alone, that they're wrong with what they say, even though i know they're not really.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper 501tut
|

replied February 7th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
what do they say may I ask. Do they have eyes, can you describe them? You know that they aren't wrong? What do they say?
|

replied May 17th, 2011
ghosts of he devil
Im 11 and I see them and they tell me in a creepy wisper, "You will and shall die, so very soon ill then be just as brigt as moon. if you dare to come right here." then i hear screaming right after that. it really creeps me out and im 11 so my mom dont beleive me, niether does my dad or sissy. They have eyes and they look straight at my and it looks like they are coming closer and closer and closer. please help me figure this out. thx, bye!
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied October 21st, 2012
i hear that kind of thing too, but also i hear good things, i have seen eyes too,are they like looking very close at a persons eye?
|

replied November 9th, 2012
see a doctor, and don't listen to them, and know that they are NOT real, what ever you need to do to hold on to reality do it.
|

replied December 12th, 2012
aitong
That happend to me too, I'm 18 and it happend 2 to 3 years ago. I was in my room and I started hearing voices and seeing faces on the wall. I screamed and yelled for my mom. She came in and tried to talk to me but, I couldnt hear her, because the voice got louder and louder. Then I started hysterically crying and screaimg to block out the voices, she then ran into the other room and got her holy water and started praying. & For some reason the voices stopped after I prayed. Call me a crazy christian but I really wasnt religous at that time. But I dont know why it stopped when I prayed. I know it might not help, but thats how it stopped for me. Still weird things happen to me but the voices & seeing demonic things have stopped so far. But other stuff are starting to happen, like my lights turning off and my door lock by themselves. i'm scared and I think this time the prayers arnt enough to save me.
|

replied December 15th, 2012
aye good luck to yu brother
|

User Profile
replied November 4th, 2013
For some reason that happens to me too but all i can hear is voices whispers, it freaks me out. Last night i heard thumping and my name... I don't like it it scares me i also prayed and it went away. You never know it could be a ghost. You could have the gift of seeing and hearing the dead. The reason I pray is cause my mom has seen ghosts and passed them on. I know it might sound crazy but its not. Scientists are the crazy one to not think that ghost could be real and not just us being crazy.
|

replied January 21st, 2014
my son is 13 and this started a couple years ago with voices and shadow people, i prayed and put salt out and got him to stand his ground and it helped for a while, he was put on different meds and told he has bi polar and odd, with adhd,after a year meds stoped working so we tryed non med way was doing good till bout a couple weeks ago he says there shadow people that follow him around and they just mumble he can't understand them. he has had to good nite sleep in forever,my family belive in stuff like this it runs in the family that we can see and sence things.i don't knw what to do got apt wit dr. but that 2wks away.he has been cussing bad,no sleep ant eatin good. help
|

replied December 12th, 2012
aitong
That happend to me too, I'm 18 and it happend 2 to 3 years ago. I was in my room and I started hearing voices and seeing faces on the wall. I screamed and yelled for my mom. She came in and tried to talk to me but, I couldnt hear her, because the voice got louder and louder. Then I started hysterically crying and screaimg to block out the voices, she then ran into the other room and got her holy water and started praying. & For some reason the voices stopped after I prayed. Call me a crazy christian but I really wasnt religous at that time(still kinda iffy). But I dont know why it stopped when I prayed. I know it might not help, but thats how it stopped for me. Still weird things happen to me but the voices & seeing demonic things have stopped so far. But other stuff are starting to happen, like my lights turning off and my door lock by themselves. i'm scared and I think this time the prayers arnt enough to save me.
|

replied December 15th, 2012
lol
|

replied July 13th, 2011
they r mean an say bad things
|

replied February 7th, 2009
i'm useless
they tell me i'm useless, that i'd be better off dead and so would everyone else. that i'm a bad mum and girlfriend. that i'm going to fail in everything, the list is endless. they don't really have anything, they're just shadows shaped like people.
|

replied April 25th, 2011
Hi,

Take the vitamin Niacin. It should help you calm your brain down. Hopefully the things you see and hear will gradruly disapear.

Bnow
|

replied July 13th, 2011
thank you
|

replied February 9th, 2009
I've seen these things before also. The one that I saw had eyes though. I don't know if it is them saying these things but I am also told all sorts of things, all sorts of bad bad things, that just happen to be true. People are either experiencing some type of other beings or are being made to see these things by someone and they aren't real. That can happen by the way, there are either people or some other things here that can make you hallucinate and experience things that no one else can see or hear.
|

replied February 9th, 2009
alot of people see these things, you are not alone, find some people like you and learn.
|

replied April 15th, 2009
they aren't really there
It is our mind that is imagining these 'things' are there and the voices are the voices you heard as a child growing up. Your parents didn't care for you enough and now when a trigger occurs you imagine these beings that are not there saying the things you were told growing up.
Think about PTSD and look for help for traumas you faced. NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR trivial the trauma was and still is
|

replied April 15th, 2009
Hi Dark_Angel_Alliance,
These voice will hurt if you listen to them. If you can study while the TV is on, then you should treat those voice in the same manner. So are the shadows. They are there but don't look at them. Keep doing whatever you want to do. it's a good opportunity to keep yourself occupied. Also, take medication. Hope you get better soon!!
|

replied November 9th, 2012
medication is only for extreme cases, there are alot of ways to deal with this sort of thing, for example your doctor might refer you to someone, like a phycotherapy.
|

replied May 29th, 2009
i feel the same thing its weird though i dont see anything it bugs me in my head. it stops me from gettin on with my life- im failing at school and ruined my family life aswell as social. though instead of taking in wat they say i try to fight against them.

When they tell me im fat - Ill go "Im happy like this" and ill go eat deep fried stuff and chocolate and sweets as if It bothers them that they cant get to me.

when they tell me im useless - Ill go "Im trying" as if im actually talking to some one.

When they say that im a coward - Ill go and do whatever they say and act like it was nothing.

But it feels like i have to constantly prove myself to myself well them or it or watever it is that makes me do this stuff.

Its weird cuz there is no actual person its like war with them within myself.
|

replied April 25th, 2011
HEARING & SEEING THINGS....
I feel the same way. I have heard and seen things since I was 17 years old and I am now 37. People have told me it will get better, just give it time it will get better. But in all reality it has not gotten better it just gets worse and worse with each passing day. These voices and people I see tell me how bad of a person I am, I am worthless and no good, I will never amount to anything and that I need to kill myself because I am such a bad person that I do not need to be alive. The bad thing is I have tried b4 and sometimes not sure Y god is still putting me through this turmoil.

Sincerely,

SCARED OF LIFE...
|

replied March 31st, 2013
How are you now?
|

replied March 31st, 2013
How are you now?
|

replied May 29th, 2009
i feel the same thing its weird though i dont see anything it bugs me in my head. it stops me from gettin on with my life- im failing at school and ruined my family life aswell as social. though instead of taking in wat they say i try to fight against them.

When they tell me im fat - Ill go "Im happy like this" and ill go eat deep fried stuff and chocolate and sweets as if It bothers them that they cant get to me.

when they tell me im useless - Ill go "Im trying" as if im actually talking to some one.

When they say that im a coward - Ill go and do whatever they say and act like it was nothing.

But it feels like i have to constantly prove myself to myself well them or it or watever it is that makes me do this stuff.

Its weird cuz there is no actual person its like war with them within myself.
|

replied June 17th, 2009
you know in a spirtiual sense it could be demons. god gives the gift of sight to cerain people to see demons. Most people think there crzi but there there it happens. i myself here n see things that are not there n other people freak out if i tell them just as my mom did tonite n insist i go back to church. I kept it from my family for 17 years although when i was 6 i seen my grandfather floating up in the sky after the funeral it was in a sunray n i yelled at my mom to stop the car so i could say goodbye n wave. my mom started crying n my dad gave me a wierd look but i remeber. n i am terrified of the dark cause im afraid the demons are all around me. but i sing a hymn n they disappear....for a while that is. so i could be an illness but if you are spirtiually it could be a sign u are straying away from god
|

replied July 1st, 2009
help :/
yesterday my friend told me something she saw that looked like an insect mostly seen in bathroom's and kitchen's & she describes it like 'its there and i can see it, it looks like a snake's hear with no eyes that just slither's then when i see it , it hides under something and then i hear the voice' she tells us she hear's a voice telling her what to do and if she doesn't do it it will hurt her she has done things in the past e.g:
she liked this boy and he liked her but they didnt get together , then he got a girlfriend so she had written on her arm 'get my hat back from chris' she then went on to say it wouldn't come off no matter how much she tried cleaning it off it wouldn't go , one day in a friend's house a painting fell and the glass smashed all over the floor , she got told by her head to cut out chris from her arm because it wont go any other way - she has scar's all over her body from things she has done .
- she tried to kill someone (my partner) because she's always had a thing for him too by trying to push him off a bridge .

i am only 16 and my friend's 15 im so worried because it's come to the point where i don't even feel safe around her because if she does whatever this voice does she could hurt me .

i'm so worried.
|

replied March 31st, 2013
How you doing now?
|

replied December 1st, 2009
I can't get rid of them.
I'm hearing things too. But they talk in a language I've never heard of. Or their mumbling. They make me think that thing that have happened are dreams. And vice versa. And sometimes when I think things, I don't know whether it's me or them thinking. I don't see anything, really. I just get weird vision/daydream things sometimes when certain things happen. Like if I'm in the shower and I drop the soap bar, I see myself bending over to get it, and then falling through the drain. Even though that's impossible, it's a frightening scene to witness.
|

replied December 1st, 2009
well if it only happens at night in the dark.. its most definetly paranormal.. im not saying ghosts and stuff but stuff like demons.. it cant just be ur mind.. it could but not very common.. it could be paranormal if you feel cold or a breeze befor they start talking to you.
|

replied February 16th, 2010
I used to see things in the corner too....always in my peripheral vision.....I imagine they are still there but I don't concentrate on them so I guess I leave them alone they leave me alone. I can see where the one person who posted suggested demons... i wondered the same thing.....Do you have very invloved dreams? I do....
|

replied March 25th, 2010
Hearing and seeing things
Im a 13 year old kid who is suffering from hearing voices during sleep they tell me to wake up and im starting to see shadows and some "shadow men or people" as you call them in the dark or when it gets dark so can anyone help, and it's been 2 weeks and 3 now and i cant sleep so any help??....
|

replied March 25th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
At 13 nighttime hallucinations aren't unusual. It's a bit of hyperactive imagination mixed with slipping consciousness. If you're not hearing voices or feeling unreasonable paranoia, anxiety, I wouldn't freak out too badly. Talk to someone about what you're going through, a parent or school counselor. Make sure someone knows it's happening so they can keep an eye on your behavior in case it's something more serious.
|

replied March 26th, 2010
Experienced User
HopelessSleeper,

I would recommend that you pray for help. You may ask your guardian angels, Jesus Christ, Virgin Mary, God, whoever you feel comfortable with, to dissolve the darkness and to protect you.

The answer may not come immediately, often our trust is tested.

There are many forces and energies that have an impact on us, pleasant or unpleasant. And the unpleasant ones are there to teach us some important lessons Idea in life, too. I know, it is much easier said than done, but try to treat them as your teachers, not enemies. With Love and acceptance. You may also lovingly, yet firmly, command: "May your essence of Light come forward!"

All the best

Merrick sunny
|

replied July 28th, 2010
Bipolar with recent onset of possible hallucinations
I see things and I am always frightened. Faces, shadow figures, cats, plus things I can't figure out. It first started when I'd wake up at night. I'd see a tall black figure who didn't touch me but pulled me off my bed or slammed me against the wall or ceiling. Sometimes I wake up and I'll see a face when in fact it's just a balled up blanket. Now I am seeing things day and night. Usually a figure of a person but sometimes things I cannot figure out. I'm terrified. I have bi-polar disorder without delusions or hallucinations...at least before. I know these things aren't real. But I'm terrified. Anyone think thee is something else wrong with me beside bi-polar. I'm middle age so it's doubtful schizophrenia would emerge. ???
|

replied August 6th, 2010
what to do when you hear voices
Test out what the voices are saying. If they're saying that you are useless or bad, test this out - ask the people around you, get some evidence. If the evidence shows that you aren't useless, that you do good and important things for your loved ones, then you can discount what these voices/visions say. Just because you can hear them, doesn't mean what they are saying is true or that they have any power over you. Also, are they saying things that you have already thought before? Are they saying you're useless and bad after you've already thought this before? If so, again test this out. I bet that there are many people who think you're great. Ask yourself 'why do I feel rubbish about myself?'. Usually it is because of something that happened in the past. ut, just because you feel bad about yourself doesn't mean you are actually bad. And regardless as to whether these are real spirits or hallucinations, they won't hurt you, they are simply trying to make you feel bad so keep testing out what they're saying, if it's not true over and over again then maybe you'll start to feel hat you're not useless and bad and they'll get bored and leave you alone!
|

replied October 8th, 2010
voices or seeing things
yeah hey i see and hear things too and i need help from doctors or any nurse.
I got appointments every three months.
since june 2010
i have been seeing and hearing things well please comment on this thing well pce out people
voice say your not cool to me
and seeing faces in my closet and the floor and when i go outside i see faces on the ground.
their after me when i go out far away n when im at home
|
Quick Reply