Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Hearing multiple voices

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
i can hear voices. there a 4 of them a little girl a little boy a different version of me and one other then i can not make out...at night i can feel them fallowing me around...the when i get to a point of stress i can hear the undistinct voise to the point it makes my body tingal, and my vision starts to shake, and things will change, for example everything will get darker and nothing be cohearent.. i can catch glimps of the kids running around. i also have a bad problem with cutting myself i have over 300 cutts on my arm... i can some times see me doing things to people like hurting them but not actually be doing it.. sometimes i can see things in my head and will just start stare in to the air and people have said that they can see my emotions change like i was in a full conversation with whom ever im stuck in a scean with.. im to sceared to go to a docter...please do not critasise me on this im not faking any of it. this is something i deal with ever day and its not very easy...
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jakelong
|

replied February 22nd, 2010
Please see my post on this forum:
http://ehealthforum.com/health/here-is-wha t-helps-t220841.html

It took a long time to detail what led me to the cure of my problems. If you follow the advice, you can be stress free and able to live a normal life.

I do not know why you are cutting yourself. It is not your fault. Do not carry on conversations with the voices, instead ignore them to the best of your ability. You will get stronger at this every day should you decide to follow my advice. Ignore visions, too. They are lies. Ignore even the "train of thought" these voices put you on. Instead, focus on better things. These voices are lies. There is no truth to them, they are toying with you and trying to distract you. Don't let them do this. These voices have nothing good to offer you. Are you a Christian?
|

replied March 2nd, 2010
Again religion, with going to church it becomes less and of course going to the doctor. As there is no research going in the fields of things like you see, you might have to go both ways.
The thing is with becoming psychic, if you go this way it even could get worse, on the other hand you learn about this reality and perhaps learn to deal with it without fear.
|

replied November 14th, 2010
I hear voices mostly when I relax at night. One night it was a man talking and I thought "Shut up" and a woman answered "Don't them me to shut up!" then she did. Tonight was two Hillbillys talking about a truck (of all things)that took waking my husband up and hearing his voice. I have heard "innocent" voices at work. I work retail and I'll hear someone ask where something is and I look up and I'm all alone in the store.
I have cut myself a couple of times but, it's not like me doing. Like I'm somewhere else when it happens. I guess just whatever I have near to pick up because I painted half my foot with nail polish too!! I also see things and people. That gets a little freaky when you're alone and you think you see a man in your house. I can truly understand and sympathize with no judgement at all. Right now I'm going to a doc but, just a little relief. We're still adjusting medication. The more I read your post the more I think we're going through something so similar I bet it's the same thing. I'm just wondering, do you ever seem like you are "lost" and not sure what you are doing or saying? That happens a lot with me. Good luck and I hope you can find peace. You will be in my prayers.
|

replied November 17th, 2010
I have schizoaffective disorder...Well I hallucinate...see, feel, hear things that arent there...sometimes all three of those at the same time...its very very scary.I hear multiple voices in my head screaming at me to hurt myself when im psychotic...then there are different voices that argue amongst themselves..i see like flashes of horrible things that "i" want to do to myself...its very disturbing and i feel like a horrible person and scared that im going to hurt someone...dont be afraid to seek help..ive been dealing with this illness for 10+ years...ever since I was 12 years old is when it really started getting bad..the thing that ive learned is medication medication medication does a HUGE deal of work for u...not all..but most...the rest you have to do therapy and/or group therapy for...i have to do all 3...meds,therapist, group therapy...it really helps alot...i just got out of the hospital 3 weeks ago...i have finally found the right mix of meds the doctors did..to where i am actually normal ...where i am happy..and i enjoy life...i dont know how long this will last...i pray for my life to be like this forever...but for now i cannot take life for granted anymore..like i did for so long...I have to enjoy every second, minute , hour, moment of each day..because i never know if or when it will be taken away from me..every day of happiness is a priceless gift from God..I cherish it so much!
|

replied June 25th, 2011
OMG! i thougt i was the only one! i get voices in my head aswell, they constantly screaming stuff at me whenever i am doing something and when i am asleep. My parents think i am insane and none of the physiatrist's have been much help and i have just spirald into deeper deppresion. thankyou for sharing that, it thought i was a 'one off' freak, thankyou
|

replied May 20th, 2013
thank you so much. Im trying to help my girlfriend with this and what you guys have said really helps. thank you so much.
|