Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

hearing loss

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
So about 2 weeks ago i felt a sudden itch in my ear and grabbed a Q-tip. After picking at it for a little bit the itch went away but I noticed a loss in hearing, almost as if i had a full blockage of earwax. I asked a relative to look in there for me and apparently my ear was completely clean, so my second guess was it must have been water trapped in there or maybe just pressure. My question is, has anybody ever experienced something like this? or heard of anything like it? It can't be water because it probably wouldn't take this long to go away. It feels like when your ears pop during a plane takeoff or a better example would be if u took a seashell and put it to your ear. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thx in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|