Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Hearing Conversations That Don't Exsits

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
Hi,

I have been hearing conversations that don't exists. I will be in my room and hear my boyfriend and my roommates talking about me (So I think) then I will confront my boyfriend about the conversation I heard and he says I am crazy that i never happened. This has been on going for almost a year now. Am I loosing ,my mind?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 12th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I don't think you are losing your mind. You do, however, need to speak with a psychiatrist or psychologist about this. If you are not of adult age you need to tell your parents. Hearing voices can be an indication of a mental disorder that is not yet diagnosed. I have a son that had bipolar disorder and he hears voices when his medication is not working properly. I can not tell you what is going on but a doctor can. There could be many reasons for hearing voices so speculating is not going to give you an answer. I hope you will seek the medical attention you need.
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2008
Supporter
I agree
I totally agree with antigone............at least rule out anything medical by seeing a physican/psychologist....or psychiatrist if needed. Then go from there. This is not something htat will just GO AWAY on its own. You need some help.....and its there for the taking!
|

replied March 12th, 2008
Experienced User
Strange that you should mention it...
What medications are you currently on?

When I was on Effexor, I used to hear voices as well...But these were clearly in my head. It would sound like the voices of friends...some even whom I hadn't seen for years... Also, the conversations wasn't directed at me per say...
|

replied August 31st, 2010
Voices
I've heard many people talk about me/around me... And I confronted everyone on it when I have heard it happening. I was always told that I was just "hearing things", which I never believed, because I heard the voices loud and clear... But one day, I heard my own voice in my own head, having an in depth conversation with an old friend, and a "demon", for multiple hours, and it was then that I knew (at least some of) the voices I heard were not really there.

Talk to your doctor.

There is a saying I heard once that really hit home to me: "Crazy people don't know they are crazy." Now, I'm not saying you're crazy, but you only know what you are taught, and if I didn't hear my own voice in my own head (just above to the left to be exact... Where I heard all the voices), I would have never have known that a lot (if not all) of the conversations I heard, were not "actually" there.

Good luck to you, and know you are not bad; nor are you the only one who experiences this, but you are responsible for your actions, so make positive choices for you and everyone else around you; first would be to talk to your doctor.
|
Quick Reply