Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

heard multiple sex partners is the cause of aids?

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
User Profile
hi i m divorced and i got married for 2nd time in last january... i have had sex with two partners ...and my query: is it possible that i m having hiv/aids?? as i had heard multiple sex partners is the cause of aids.. i m really worried...please answer me.. and i know the both of them are not aids infected....

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2011
HIV and AIDS Answer A26044
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

Sex with uninfected and committed partners (or spouses) does not result in HIV infection.

Sex with non committed or casual / Unknown individuals who may have other sex partners might increase your risk of sexually transmitted infections including HIV.

In your case, since you have had sex, only with your wives, there is no need to worry about STDs or HIV.

I hope this clears your doubts.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.