Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Healthy weight gain ?

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
I am a 20 year old female. I am about 5'6" and my weight fluctuates between 110 and 115. I was between 120 and 125, but after discontinuing my birth control I dropped ten pounds. My BMI is only 18.1 (0.4 points under the healthy minimum)

I eat 2-3 times a day. My appetite has been dissipating. What foods should I eat so that I can get up to 130 (at least)?

I've read about drinking olive oil to account for much of the calories. I used the Calorie Calculator and Nutrition Guide on nutrition.about.com. It suggested for me to eat between 2100 and 2500 calories a day to gain the weight I want, depending on how much I exercise.

Such a high number seems daunting. Any helpful advice would be much appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 29th, 2012
Hi, a little late i know! but if theres anyone else who has the same problem, its not how much you eat its wether you are providing your body with the right nutritional needs it requires. I went through the same problem a couple of years ago. i have wrote a little article about it check it out healthyweightgaintips.blogspot.co.uk
|
Did you find this post helpful?