Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Healthy Until 2 Years Ago, Possible Lymphoma, Please Advise...

User Profile
Hello,
I am a 27 y/o female with a medical concern. For the past 2 years I have become increasingly fatigued, with a persistent feeling of weakness and general malaise. It got so bad that I went to see my GP April 2011, who referred me to a HEM/ONC due to a swollen R cervical LN ( about 1.0 cm at the time). I have been under observation by HEM/ONC since then. In July 2011, the first LN has enlarged to over 2.0 cm, and a second node had appeared right next to it at over 1.5 cm. There has been a weight loss of over 30 lbs over the last 2 years, appetite decrease over the last year, intermittent low grade fevers, chills and sweats, and persistent, unrelenting fatigue. I feel like all I do is work and sleep. I was positive for a severe EBV infection in 2007. Recent bloodwork borderline (CBC with Diff was ok, no severe abnormalities flagged, LDH 134) and CT scans were unremarkable. My most recent visit with HEM/ONC was 1/18/12. Biopsy is 1/31/12. What are my chances of a lymphoma diagnosis?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 23rd, 2012
hi i have the same problem with my 2 year old with lymph nodes bloods normal but shes always sick and tired and very pale going to go private for scan hope your biopsy goes ok for you please keep us posted
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2012
Hi there thank you- I am sorry to hear about your little one. Sad I hope everything will be ok and goes smoothly for her! Her symptoms you described sound similar to mine... my blood work seems to be alright, nothing serious gets flagged in the results, yet I am constantly very pale too. My mom comments on my pallor almost every time I see her. I will say a prayer for your daughter, let me know how she is doing and thank you again for your reply. Smile
|

replied February 28th, 2012
I don't mean to scare you or anything, but you have symptoms which best are gone to the doctors, im not saying its serious but its better to be safer then sorry Smile
|