Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Health effects of dusty rooms ?

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Is there a room in your house that's always dusty?
yes
no
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0
My room is always dusty. Ill clean it, dust it. 3-4 days later I can write my name in the dust on pretty much any surface.

my questions are -

what possible health effects can this have?

how to determine what is causing so much damn dust?

how to solve it?

and do air filters or purifiers work?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile concernedn
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2009
Experienced User
Irritation of the Respiratory Tract
Generally, it would irritate your whole/at least part of the respiratory tract.

Your lungs are constantly exposed to danger from the dusts we breathe. Luckily, the lungs have another function - they have defense mechanisms that protects them by removing dust particles from the respiratory system. However, that does not mean you should be enjoying living in a dusty room. Even though the lungs can clear themselves, excessive inhalation of dust may result in disease. If the dust particles settle in the nose, it may lead lead to an upper respiratory tract disorder called rhinitis. It can also cause tracheitis (inflammation of the trachea) or the bronchitis (inflammation of the bronchi).

Amount of dust? Well, I guess you live an area where there is a lot of dust. The wind is probably causing the dusts to enter through the window.

I guess you should try cleaning your house everyday (don't know if that's practical, sorry!)

Not sure about air filters as well.

Take care!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply