Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

healing time after hardware removal

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
I had 10 screws and a plate placed in my ankle on March 20th. I am due to have the largest of the 10 screws removed on May 5th..... I just want some idea of what to expect.... I would like to have a little more knowledge about this surgery than the first one. I will be going in as an "out patient." I have been told that since the other areas will be healed this should be much easier??? Please tell me whatever you can so I can have some realistic expectations regarding pain, and time that I will be down again. Thanks so much.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 4th, 2010
Had my ankle hardware removed after 15 yrs. I was on crutches for about 2 weeks, and was walking "somewhat" normal in about a month.
|
Did you find this post helpful?