Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Headbutt leave damaging problems ?

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
hi i was headbutted by my ex partner end of august this year so not long ago he split above my eye now i have a 2 inch scar i am scared he may have done more damage inside as i keep getting headaches now i am worried please help me !!! as it was a head injury so i am worried as they come out later dont they if i have another bang i dont know please help me very grateful ???
i am pressing charges the police are taking a while meanwhile he has a new girlfriend so all that to deal with also Sad Sad :(he was very controling but made me think i need him and tried to stop me going to police by being nice to me i feel such a fool and all the while he was seeing someone else in a matter of days or even same time when we broke up i am so done in hope you can give me some advice anything will be amazing as i cant get it all out of my head its driving me crazy i feel to blame for EVERYTHING as he said i deserved it as i gave him a hard time that night he did that i didnt i know i didnt please help xxx
ps was nearly 2 years he was very concered of what i was always doing
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 22nd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Any blow to the head can cause a concussion. Brain damage can happen from a concussion if it's severe enough but headaches aren't common afterwards. Did you feel sleepiness or disorientation after the head-butt, have difficulty with co-ordination or balance? Did you feel an ache in the neck or loss of range of motion of your head.

Did you go to the hospital after the headbutt?
|

replied October 23rd, 2009
hi thanks for reply i felt very strange the next day i went to first aid people they have a record of it as i was feeling very dizzy and my vision was blury the next day as it happened when i was drinking so just fell asleep not long after woke up and it was very swollen and bruised all around the eye socket plus the cut above the eye!i am just worried if the damage is inside and because all swelling bruising gone it looks ok just the scar,sometimes you here people when they have had a bang on head there fine then another one kills them i am so worried Sad
|

replied October 23rd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
No, you're not going to die from a hit to the head. That's a movie cliche. If the headaches keep up for more than two weeks go see a doctor. Otherwise you're fine.
|

replied December 3rd, 2010
Headbutts
I have gotten a headbutt from my husband, but it was all my fault he says it was my fault it happened. I had gotten a big goose egg on my forehead, and it also cracked my skull and had two black eyes from it. I have never been to a doctor about it, but am curious to find out if their could be any damage.
|
Quick Reply