Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Headaches possibly from Chiari Type 1

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
How do I relieve a headache caused from having Chiari Type 1? My daughter is 14 yrs old and has for the past month been having bad headaches for the past month to 2 months. normally on the back of the head. She is still able to function and go to school. We have an appt to see a neorosurgeon, but it ain't until a month from now. She already had an MRI and the pediatrician is the one who told us she may have Chiari Type 1.

Can she take Motrin ibuprofen? I have given her 1 200mg but she says it doesn't help. Should I increase it to 2 tablets?
Did you find this post helpful?
|