Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

headaches every day for 4 months

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I have had headaches everyday for the last 4 months. Sometimes it hurts on the sides, on top, in back, or all around like a band. I usually get sore neck, weak, and dizzy. It started back toward the end of December when I came down with bronchitius. Was sick for 2 weeks, then my mom passed. Thats when the headaches started. I went to the doctor and was told it was probably stress. I was a smoker and an occasional drinker but decided to quit both cold turkey to see if that would help with the headaches. Been off of cigs and alcohol for 2 months. Long story short. I have had blood work and ekg done and all was okay. Next thing I have scheduled is a 24 hr urine test to check for stress hormone and a visit with a neurologist. I am scared I may have a tumor or cancer of the brain. I have never experienced headaches like this in my 45 years. I was wondering if someone can relate to this or give me some information? Thank you!
Timothy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 15th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Headache that is experienced in form of tightening band-like sensation around the neck and/or head, and is a constant dull, achy feeling on both sides of the head, is known as tension type of headache.
Tension headache that occurs more than 15 days in month, or daily for longer period is chronic form of tension headache.
It can be accompanied with poor concentration, sleep deprivation, weight loss, dizziness.
This headache is often triggered or made worse by fatigue, stress, depression and anxiety.
|
Users who thank MandMs for this post: tdpipkins 

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2009
Headache
My son got ... Scarlet Fever and I got sick with a temp of 104. I was so sick I couldn't even call 911, when someone took me to the hospital they said I had some form of Strep. I have had a headache for 6 months since, and the Doctors say I am health I have had 3 CatScans in the last 2 months... nothing.

If you need to know anything else or find out what you have write me.
|