Medical Questions > Cancer > Brain Cancer Forum

Headaches every day - brain tumor ? (Page 1)

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I am 16 years old and I have had a headaches almsot everyday for the last year or so. they are either in my forhead or on the top of my head. they are either a dull pain or throbbing. some days are worse then others. some times they will hurt worse when i bend down to pick something up... i am worried i have a brain tumor.... please help me... somedays i feel like im in a daze, i feel like im not really here sort of like a dream,. hard to explain though.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Intracellular
|

replied June 15th, 2009
Did you to a doctor, to do some tests????
|

replied August 16th, 2009
man thats crazy the same thing is happening to me and has been going on for about 3years and i just cant afford to get it checked out i have three children and no extra money for any special tests. so if you find out what causes yours let me know.i know no headaches are exactly alike but you just described what i feel i cant even lay on my stomach without my head hurting.never met anyone with the same symptoms just cant believe it
|

replied October 16th, 2011
CONSTANT LOW FREQUENCY THROBBING
I have the same headaches, a low dull throbbing pain that seem to also affect my right eye and that can be easily forgotten if i focus on something else....if i flash my head from left to right a few times it seem to soothe it kind of like it got an internal massage. I think I may have a slow developing brain tumor. I will post my findings when I get it checked out. I got hit in the head really hard a few years back and it seems to be on that side of my head. I was told tumors can develop from a hard blow to the head.
|

User Profile
replied December 10th, 2012
Experienced User
Everyone hear should take a look at antioxidant called Glutathione. Studies have shown to relieve individual's that have migraine headaches.
|

replied January 21st, 2010
I have this as well.
I am the same age, I have been having headaches daily for a long period of time and am very disorient. I have other things as well like lack of physical energy and lack of ability to concentrate. I know for sure one factor for me is being nutrient deficient. you should get a blood test and check your nutrient levels. possibly, and get a physical from your doctor and maybe visit a chiropractor.
|

replied January 28th, 2010
i am 15 and have almost the same thing, its on the top of my head and sometimes near my ear or eye. it worries me,
|

User Profile
replied January 13th, 2012
hi,
you need to do some tests it may happen that because of some harmons misbalance. no need to worry it is quit regular. do tests as early as possible thats it.
|

replied January 31st, 2010
I am 15 as well, and I have chronic daily headaches. There are MANY causes to headaches, and it is not always because of a brain tumor. There are tension headaches, cluster headaches, migraines, stress headaches..... the list keeps going on. What I would suggest to you is to look for "triggers", so things that trigger your headache or make it worse. Look at what you're eating, smells, light, sound. You could have an allergy to something that bring on your headaches.
Another thing to try is relaxation therapy. Try going for massages,you may have muscle tension that is causing yuor headaches.
Do not worry about having a brain tumor, if you did there are MANY other symptoms that go along with it other than a headache. Even if you did have some kind of growth, it may not be causing your headaches. It really depends on the location and size of a growth to determine wether or not it causes pain.
I hope that helps!
|

replied November 29th, 2011
I highly disagree with what u wrote. How are these people Suppse to go for massages if they can't afford to get MRI tests done? And sometimes an everlasting headache IS the ONLY symptom of brain cancer.

Reference: my dad had headaches for years and one day dropped at work, had a seizure. Turns out he had brain cancer. Hmm who woulda known!
|

replied September 23rd, 2012
...Maybe because you can get a massage for $20-$30 whereas an MRI without insurance can cost, at the very least, hundreds of dollars.

There's no need for you to be condescending. They're just trying to offer cheaper alternatives to people in pain.
|

replied February 6th, 2010
tumors and tension headaches
its definately tension headaches....baths and a shoulder massage are the short term reliefs....exersize is the long term cure....i have tension headaches and sometimes i feel like im on drugz and i laugh alot round other people..i dont concentrate much and i interupt people alot...i forget what im talking about and cant get my words out....i had to quit my job then got kicked out of my house....so i ran everyday to pass time and my headaches went...even when i didnt feel well i still ran and after i ran i felt worse but after a drink of water and a ten minute sit down i felt normal..x
|

replied February 8th, 2010
my wifes uncle had head pain for 6 weeks and eventualy was diagnosed with a brain tumor he had surgury,and the headpain for now has gone, but he has a class4 tumor even tho they taken 95% of the tumor out the outcome is grave for him, kimo and radio treatment will now only slow the tumor down hope we can all pray we dont suffer what he has to face, hope there is a miricle for him to be cured ...
god bless to all of u who are facing any probs with tumors and hope u will get well
|

replied April 12th, 2010
Same
I''m 16 and I get headaches nearly every day too. Usually I wake up with them and they last most of the day. I found that exercise helps a bit like just walking outiside for an hour usually helps a little but there''s still a like dull like aching like you said.
|

replied April 21st, 2010
headaches
im 13 and i get them almost everyday around the same time like 2,3 and 4 in the afternoon.. i noticed that when i get more sleep its not so bad so u should try it
|
Users who thank beaniecoolz for this post: Ebananas 

replied May 5th, 2010
I'm 16 and i have the ame exact situation for me as well.. Especially when i bend down to get something.. i get a wierd pain in my head, and to be honest, it almost feels like somthing is moving, and then i hear a type of popping noise
|

replied May 6th, 2010
I''m 25, and although am able to carry on with my day to day living, I have had what most of you have mentioned for a number of years. I''ve visited doctors, and because I can''t quite explain what it is I feel I don''t seem to get the answer I expect. I find my memory is also pretty bad, perhaps just a coincidence?
|

replied July 15th, 2012
At this point, it's time to demand answers. Get CAT scans and MRI's what ever is necessary. If you don't have proper coverage find free clinics that will work with you. You may also need to change your diet. Get rid of all sugars and starches to start with, eat more lightly steamed vegis and less meat especially red and pork. Try either low sodium or none at all and drink nothing, but water. Try it for a week or two and see if you notice a difference. Let me know. Also try to eliminate any stress factors in your life. God speed
|

replied May 13th, 2010
im 30 years old ive sufferd with the same problems since i was 15 my mum also had the same problems she passed away last january with 2 brain timours.i get them all day every day i take 8 iburfoen a day but that doesent work ive been waiting months for a head scan to be done but no luck.i hope everyone who goes through what i do get help and get rid of them kelly
|

replied May 28th, 2010
daily headaches
I'm 18 and have been diagnosed with chronic daily headaches. I take daily medication for this as well as medication for my migraines, which I get a few times a week. Though my migraines may seem rare, I've had these daily headaches for over a year now. They last from when I wake up to the time I go to sleep. I've been to two neurologists and have tried 4 different daily headache medication as well as 3 different migraine preventatives. My doctor's believe it's due to lack of exercise (though I only weigh 140 at 5' 10'') and results from my triggers, which consist of pork, msg, light, strong smells, and sun exposure. Though I try extremely hard to avoid all these triggers and keep up with my meds, anyone think it could be anything else?
I've had 2 MRI's so thankfully, I've ruled out a brain tumor.

Thanks!
It's comforting knowing I'm not the only one with Dr. House symptoms.
|

replied July 11th, 2010
Headaches
I am 13 years old and i have a headache for everyday this week!
I don't know how long it will continue for, but its driving me nuts! The only medicine that helped me is iboprofen, I can't spell by the way. But it sounds like that. It also hurts when i bend down to get something.
I think I may go see a doctor because i don't want it to continue
|

replied July 11th, 2010
If it's hurting when you bend down and/or you are hearing a popping sound, definitely consider a sinus infection or allergies, depending on where you live.

The chance of it being a brain tumor is so small, it is almost unfathomable, so don't let the people who are writing about brain tumors scare you.

At your young ages, 13-18, it could have to do with hormones. The same thing happened to me around those teenage years where I would get crazy uncontrollable headaches. I had to medicate with tylenol or ibuprofen in order to control them, but they eventually went away.

So, don't worry, but get yourself to the doctor for some antibiotics if it is a sinus infection, some allergy meds for allergies, or just sit in a warm bath with a warm washcloth over your eyes. You'll feel better in no time!
|

replied July 13th, 2010
Headaches
I am 41 and have been getting headaches since I was a child. I have a headache 50 percent of my waking hours. It's impossible to not have depression when I am in pain so much of the time. I've had 2-3 cat scans revealing no tumors and there simply is no answer yet. Vicodin helps sometimes, but the relief is always short-lived. Accupunture hasn't helped so far. I've tried just about every drug and I my latest last-hope efforts are using positive thoughts and energy. I truly hope you find an answer.
|

replied August 7th, 2010
tumor?
im 17 and i have headaches from the minute i wake up in the morning i also have nausea and i feel dizzy a lot.sometimes i have loss of movement in my arms like a tingling feeling & I have a lot of stress on my plate and maybe that's a trigger,but even when im having a good day a headache just comes out of nowhere.I have no insurance and no money to see a doctor.I looked up all the types of headaches and migraines and the symptoms but it just don't add up idk if anyone has the same symptoms as me let me know.
thanks,shelly.
|

replied August 17th, 2010
it could be from malnourishment. I have very similar symptoms and i am trying to get myself well nourished again. if i figure things out with this then i will let you know
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2010
(online)
Hi! Many thanks for your question on eHealth forum!

Headaches that come early in morning along with nausea and loss of movement of arms can be either due to pinched cervical spinal nerves or due to benign intracranial hypertension. If it is due to pinched nerve a chiropractor can help you out until you consult a neurologist for MRI. If it is due to BIH, then a spinal tap will be required for diagnosis and treatment.

Poor sleep patterns like sleep apnea, restless sleep can trigger a headache in the mornings. It is not possible to treat a headache without finding the cause. Try a walk in clinic if you can. Hope this helps. Take care!
|

replied July 29th, 2012
can any one tell me what kind of headache that i have please? ,because my headache is wired because the first time that i had it was on the top of my head ,IT as it was a ball moving on my head,two weeks later my headache came back but on forehead and it lasted two week during that headache i felt dizzy and the headache lasted enlist 3 hours each day
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.