Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

Headaches , dizziness , and head injuries

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
i was in a car accident on january 4th and scence then i had have had severe headaches blurred vision ringing in my ears and dizziness before the accident my vision was 20/20 now it is 18/50. i had a cat scan and a mri and both came back good. can you help me pleace

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2010
Brain and Head Injuries Answer A11406
Thanks for using this forum.

Headaches and dizziness can occur after a head injury and can take time to be cured because of concussion injury. If you had bleeding from the ears you must check with an ear, nose and throat person to rule out a vestibular component; usually these symptoms decrease after 3-6 months time. Until then you can meet a neurologist who may prescribe medicines for your headaches to be taken sos.

An mri and cat scan can be normal in concussion injuries. In certain injuries the optic nerve may be contused leading to reduced vision. This can also improve with time once the edema settles. Reduced vision is another reason for headaches. You should be wearing proper glasses or lens.

Hope this helps.

Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain and Head Injuries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.