Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

Headaches after being hit with bottle

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
i went clubbing on new years eve and just after the count down someone threw a bottle and it hit the back of my head really hard it did not smash or cut my head but now i keep getting like pressure head aches. should i worry about this and go to the doctors?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 4th, 2010
Self Injury Answer A8900
Hello.

A blunt trauma to the head should not be ignored. Even if you have not lost consciousness, you should get yourself evaluated by a Neurologist or a physician to rule out any internal injury.

Your headaches could also be related to any inner ear problems. It's a good idea to see a doctor and be sure there is nothing serious.

Regards

This post is for the purpose of providing medical information and is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with a doctor. This post is not intended to give or rule out a diagnosis, create a doctor-patient relationship or replace an existing one.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain and Head Injuries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.