Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Headache only stops when lying flat

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Yesterday as my husband and I were leaving the store when the left top side of my head and left eye gradually started to hurt. I thought it was a migraine so we went straight home. My head does not hurt if I'm lying down. When I try to raise my head, sit up or stand the headache pain gradually comes back until it is throbbing again and gradually goes away when I lie back down. I have taken a total of 3 10mg doses of hydrocodone and 2 doses of buthanol with no relief. I had a spinal tap last year that resulted in having to have a blood patch with similar symptoms but pain was extremely worse. I am in stage 4 kidney failure and having a transplant in January. Please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 28th, 2011
Don't know how expensive it is but the best stuff for me (I have had them for 25 years since born) has been sumigran (sumatriptan). A side effect that happens to some people is that it often comes back 24 hours later. Do some research and see if it right for you
|
Did you find this post helpful?