Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

Headache n pain after a fall

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
Headache n pain after a fall
fell into tub while showering so hard the tub cracked. Head pain has not stop has been 6days. My body is in so much pain. I am 55 n female. I have no insurance so can not go to doctor have no money to give either. Last income was early 2008. Am trying to qualify for county help but a lot of red tape. What can I do to ease the pain? I tried heat pad, ibeprofin, tylenol-no help. My stomach get very sick when taking above mentioned pills and takes a while to recover from that too. My rib area front n back right side is very painful along w/the lower back rim of my head, hip, across the back right above tail bone, leg. - - I dont remember falling - just aware I was laying in the tub. It could be it just happened so quickly, I only remember my sister calling out my name and saying are you alright. Hopefully someone can let me know what I can do from home to relieve the horrible pain.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2011
Brain and Head Injuries Answer A19874
Hello, and thanks for your medical question on E Health Forum.

The history provided seems that your pain could be due to soft tissue injury on the head, in the form of a contusion.

This could be benign condition which will resolve within 1-2 weeks.

You might also consider to continue the pain killers and also apply ice packs on the painful area. You should also take bed rest which will be a major part of the recovery process.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain and Head Injuries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.