Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

headache, muscle aches, a cold feeling in my chest...

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
On december 24th of 2011 I had what I can describe as a panic attack. It came out of nowhere. The symptoms that occurred during this was an excruciating headache (electric shock sensations in my head) The electric shock sensation would kind of 'surge' down to my heart and go back up to my head over and over for an hour or so. It felt like I could feel my blood pressure rising to my head and falling to my heart. Along with this I experienced chest tightness, I became very shaky, twitched a lot in my legs and arms, my nose twitched as well. After assuming it was just a panic attack, I went to sleep.

The next day I woke up with minor chest pain and I felt as if my head was in a vice. I found information online about tension headaches but to be safe I went to ER. I was assured nothing was wrong with me neurologically and was given a shot of decadron for my headache and xanax. The xanax made the symptoms of my headache disappear, but when I came off of it, the headache emerged again.

It's now february and I've developed other symptoms along with my headache. At times I get a cold feeling in the left side of my chest. I have muscle aches all over, mostly by my right hip and a pain below my left ribcage. At night it gets bad and makes me feel like I can't breathe. I feel like a band is over my left lung and I get anxious which makes the headache worse. When I first experienced the cold feeling in my chest I went back to the emergency room. They did a CT scan for my head and a chest X-ray. Neither showed anything at all. I was sent home with valium and vicodin. when I took the valium my headache would go from a tension type headache to a migraine. Since the headache began I occasionally smell smoke or sulfur. My sense of smell seems to have disappeared compared to before. along with this I occasionally have blurry vision. I went to a doctor for this, found out I have 20/40 vision and I'm waiting on glasses.

The only thing that seems to help are benzodiazepines but I wonder if that's because they reduce my anxiety and make me less focused on these symptoms.

I'm not asking for a diagnosis but I'm curious as to how many people (if any at all) have experienced these symptoms or similar symptoms, if they have been diagnosed with anything, or recommendations as to what I should do would help also. this is disrupting the peace in my life. I've just began college and I can't focus anymore. My memory isn't good at all and I can't concentrate well at all. I have a doctors appointment friday and I plan on having them refer me to a neurologist. The best I can do is wait it out until I find answers but until then....
Did you find this post helpful?
|