Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Headache MRI, CT scan & a spinal tap w/o answers

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
I've had an excruciating headache for over a month. It's not a migraine. It feels as if someone is pushing the top of my head into my neck w/pain all around. I've been to my doc 5 times, had an MRI, CT scan & a spinal tap w/o answers. She said right now we're going to throw medicine at it & see what sticks. That's her quote. I've been on 6 different pain meds, antibiotics & muscle relaxers. Most of the time, I can only lie down..sitting, standing & walking hurts, makes me clammy & nasous & dizzy. My ears now hear an echo & everything sounds robotic. I just want to know where to go from here & what may be the cause.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2012
Headache and Migraines Answer A30760
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out.

Since the CT scan, MRI and spinal tap have come out normal, with additional symptoms of echo sensation in the ears, labrynthitis should be ruled out. It is an inflammation of the inner ear and a form of unilateral vestibular dysfunction and it can cause headache, vertigo, nausea and tinnitus.

I suggest you to get it evaluated from an ENT surgeon.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.