Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

headache in temple and blurred vision

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
i have had this pain in my right temple for 10 days now and its got worse each day to the point where its keeping me awake at night, and painrelief such as paracetamol and paramax isnt helping. i also have blurred vision when looking at things at a distance (i have been to the opticians, they say my eye sight is perfect!)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
A headache that is new or different in character than previous headaches, often experienced as dull, constant headache localized at the temple area and is typically sudden in onset, may be a major symptoms of temporal arteritis, or condition when there is an inflammation of the temporal artery.
It usually begins with "flu-like" symptoms, including a mild fever, general body discomfort, and temple headache.
You may find your scalp being tender and sensitive on touch, when resting the head on a pillow, combing hair, or wearing hats and eyeglasses.
As the disease progresses, you may start experiencing visual problems like blurred vision and temporary blindness, lasting for ten minutes or less.
Being a woman and with age over the 50, puts you at risk for having this condition.
|
Did you find this post helpful?